Who is this lady?

Sunday, June 30, 2013

The One Where I Truly Know I'm in California

Having lived in Southern California for almost 4 years now, I've seen and experienced a lot of things that are quintessentially California. For example, I've seen and driven through tons of LA traffic:

It's my favorite thing ever when it takes me 3 hours to go 50 miles....

I've seen my fair share of small children with their own iPhones/iPads:


I've seen a LOT of bad plastic surgery:

I'm really sorry if this picture gives you nightmares
Basically every restaurant out here has a vegetarian/vegan section of their menu (that is, if the whole menu is not vegetarian/vegan):


And I've had to decipher some very confusing conglomerations of parking signs while out and about:


But I think my experience at yoga tonight REALLY solidified for me that yes, indeed, I am in Southern California.

Let me set the scene.

So earlier this afternoon, I was feeling like a lazy bum since I'd basically been watching Friday Night Lights for the past 3 hours straight. (Yes, I've seen the whole series already, I'm just going through it again. Team Coach Taylor and Mrs. Coach!) So I looked up what yoga classes were going to be at my yoga place tonight and signed myself up for the 6:15 Ashantaga blend class. 

After making myself dinner, I pulled on a tank top and my fave Zella workout capris (you can get them here) and drove on over. As I step in the door of the studio, I hear someone talking to someone/something like you would a baby. And as I come around the corner to put my mat down, I almost step on this tiny white dog who is sticking its tongue out at me. So, of course, I say hello to the dog, thinking it's the studio owner's dog and she'll be taking it out once we start class. 

Then I spot the monogrammed basket for the tiny white dog in the corner and realize it's some girl taking the class's dog. As in she not only brought her tiny white dog with her TO YOGA, she also brought her little basket so she wouldn't have to sit on the ground while we Warrior One'd and breathed in and out and did handstands, etc. 

I'm not gonna lie... I'm pretty sure my judge face was at a level 10 once I realized what was going on. I couldn't help it. Even now, just thinking about it, I have full on judge-face. But I made a picture representation so you could get a better idea of what the scene sort of looked like (except the real basket had a polka dot pattern, it wasn't just plain pink).

Take it all in, dog...
I mean, I love living here, but sometimes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment