Who is this lady?

Saturday, July 26, 2014

The One Where we Put the Fun in Funeral

Dearly Beloved,

We are gathered here today to celebrate the memory of one of the greatest Honda Accords that ever did live. Jackie (named after the one and only Jackie O), though you were only on this earth a short 10 years, you provided transportation to and from many fun memories and experiences and will forever be remembered as the car in which I had some of the best times of my life.

This is NOT my actual vehicle, but this is exactly what she looked like!


Aside from being a good car to get me to work, Trader Joe's, the gym, etc., Jackie was where I:

-Drove through the most insane rainstorm I've ever experienced in Oklahoma with my mom one summer

-Laughed myself silly with Kim and Erin on our way to a corn maze at Hillsdale one fall



-Broke up with my most serious boyfriend to-date

-Learned what it sounds/feels like when your transmission dies while you're driving on the freeway

-Cried and cried while my friend drove me home after I found out my grandma died while I was at the movie theater

-Sang along with Miranda Lambert's "Revolution" album for six months straight in 2009

-Prepared for (read: poured booze into Smart Water bottles) several cruises to Mexico (don't worry - we were parked in the parking garage at the cruise terminal - NOT driving!) (Does that make it better?)

You can barely see Jackie, but her butt is on the right side.


-Had the cold sweats while driving home from my UCLA interview

-Learned the importance of paying full attention when pulling into the garage at my parents' house so you don't scrape the hell out of your bumper and have to spend your entire summer's earnings on a new one... oops

-Realized the importance of not listening to your drunk friends when they say they're "fine" and "not gonna puke" when you're driving them home from the bar

-Seriously prayed I was going to make it to Ann Arbor one night when I stupidly drove there from Hillsdale to meet a friend for Thai food during a blizzard

-Questioned my sanity when I got up at 3:00 in the morning for Black Friday to drive to Kohl's to purchase a stupid waffle iron (which I haven't even used in years) when Calla was here for Thanksgiving

Another picture from the CALLA-fornia Thanksgiving trip... obvi not at 3:00 in the morning

And about a trillion other things. 

I still haven't heard any official word on where Jackie is now, but the 13 day waiting period to finalize all the insurance stuff is over so we are moving forward with the assumption that she is gone forever. I am sad to officially say goodbye to this good little car, but hopefully within a week or so I will have a new car or at least have a game plan for getting one. 

Anyway, stay tuned since the saga isn't over yet and in the meantime, I will leave you with this video which has nothing to do with cars, but one of the characters is named Jackie, so it fits. 


No comments:

Post a Comment