Who is this lady?

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The One Where I Hate You Then I Love You But Not Like Celine And Luciano

First of all, I just have to tell this silly, ridiculous story. My office is located next to a strip mall that has a Rubio's, a Pizza Hut, some weird jewelry store, a Jersey Mike's sandwich place, and a generic icky dentist office that back up to the side of our building. Basically, there's the parking lot, a strip of "vegetation" (in which for some time a homeless man with a laptop [I know, I don't know how he got it either] who we nickenamed 3G was living and bumming free internet), and then the back doors of all of those businesses. When I turn my head to the right, I look out my window at the trees/bushes and usually there is nothing much to see going on there ever since 3G left for a better hotspot. Until yesterday. I'm here at my desk, minding my own sweet business when I hear a noise coming from behind the trees so I look over to investigate and there are 2 Pizza Hut employees MAKING OUT and I can see them through a VERY convenient hole in the trees. WHAT. Color me amused. I felt a little creepy for watching them but they were only mackin' on each other for about 10 seconds. Then they stood out there smoking. The employees at Pizza Hut are apparently very saucy these days.

Okay, that joke. I'm sorry.

Anyway, what I really want to talk about today is something I think everyone can relate to at some point or another. Lately, I really hate all my clothes in my closet these days and I'm not sure why. Every time I open it to get dressed for work or funsies, I basically make a giant sad face and want to throw everything I see in the garbage and get sad that what I pin on Pinterest doesn't automatically end up in my closet waiting for me to wear it. I know this feeling will turn around at some point, as it always does, and I will no longer hate my clothes but love them again. And this got me thinking about all the things I used to hate... but no more. This list includes (but is not limited to):

1) Canadian tuxedos, also known as denim on top and denim on bottom. To be clear, there is the right way to do a Canadian tuxedo

Nice use of different shades of denim that FIT WELL

"The rules were real that day I WORE A VEST."
"That's because that vest was disgusting."

And there is a very, very wrong way to do a Canadian tuxedo

RIP Justney

2) Beets, but not Beets by Dre


Rather, the actual food


I think Amanda (?? someone who has enough influence over me to make me try food) made me try them in a salad a while ago. YUMMY.

3) Joe Nichols, who I used to hate when his song Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off was popular and he looked like this 


But now I can't stop listening to THIS SONG!





4) Maxi dresses, which I used to HATE HATE HATE and then I just hated them and then I liked them and now, I'm obsessed, which is great considering the trend is probably just about dead. Good timing on that one, Nance.



Neeeeeeeeeeeed

5) Cilantro. Not sure where the hatred of cilantro came from, but it was there and it was large. Now, I actually really enjoy it and can't imagine eating salsa that doesn't have cilantro in it. What are we, farm animals?



6) Hashtags. Do I even need to explain? Okay, I guess I will. I hated hashtags before you could use them on Facebook because they were hard to read and I hate when people hashtag every word. Now, however, it's a good old fashioned case of if you can't beat 'em, join 'em and I like to say "hashtag, please" and other such ridiculous phrases out loud in my daily conversations because I'm #annoying like that.


Anything you hated and now love?

No comments:

Post a Comment