Who is this lady?

Friday, February 8, 2013

The One Where I Get A Song Called Pontoon Stuck In Your Head For The Whole Day

You know how sometimes there are those moments in life that come around and you look at them and think "I have to grab this while it's here"? Well, that was Wednesday night. A.K.A. The night I stood 8 feet from Little Big Town and I was so happy! 

So Monday afternoon, I get one of those automatic texts from Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill letting me know Little Big Town will be performing there Wednesday nights. Doors open at 5 PM. Tickets are $10. You get in, you get in, otherwise, too bad for you! So I text Amanda with this information. 

Her: "What!!! Let's go!!!" 
Me: "If you're in, I'm in."
Her: "IN!" 

Because that's how we make decisions. 

So I proceeded to listen to this song about a hundred times in the next two days:



On the PONTOON! 

And off we go on Wednesday. The line is long, maybe too long, we might not make it in. It is freezing. (And by freezing I mean like 60 degrees). We have to stand by some girl yelling about how some guy she wants to bang invited his ex-girlfriend on the group Vegas trip and now he and ex are getting their own room. Things look bleak.


Bleak.

 LUCKILY, we made it in. And instead of doing as Toby tells us and proceed to party (ahem, Shelly Sloper) we proceed to bathroom. And then proceed to bar to get drinks/food. 


A pic from their menu. Hat not included. Unfortunately.


 So then we spot a guy who looks almost exactly like Billy Currington. 


Close to this.


He has pals. We are intrigued. So first we get our bar neighbors to take a picture of us...



Then we decide we're going over. Our conversation starter? 

(Directed at the guy wearing Nikes... in a country bar... who we just saw doing a little prance): "Hey man, nice Nikes. I bet they help you prance as opposed to boots, which would just be too restrictive." 

Drinks are purchased, we have made friends. And then... Little Big Town is on!!!!



Love love love

Square dancing.

More singing!!!
SO AMAZING. I am so glad we went. I am so glad we decided to take that moment life presented us and just roll with it. I want to do more of that.

Now, if you don't hate me too much, let's get on with it...


Weekly Obsessions

Numero Uno) People who work out... in JEANS. As Calla said, doesn't that seem like you're putting yourself on the fast track to a Down There infection? I can't imagine choosing to work out in jeans. 


Jeans don't breathe! Jeans arent' flexible! Just... no. They sell sweatpants at Wal Mart for $5. I'm about to post a sign at my gym.

However, seeing people working out in jeans DOES make me think of a jarty. See definition here. Who doesn't like thinking about jarties? Sad people. That's who. I have a whole entire Pinterest board devoted to a Jarty.


The original inspiration.
You can follow me on Pinterest. Just a warning, I post a lot of funny things with really foul language (Mother, avert your eyes), so if you don't want to read that, you probably shouldn't follow me haha. But I also pin awesome stuff, too, so... ya know.

Numero Dos) This video I found on Pinterest. It takes a little while to get going, but it's TOTALLY worth it!!!

Numero Tres) This picture of an elephant meeting a sea lion. OMG I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE IT. I wish I was as happy as this elephant looks every day.




Here's a link to the original Huffington Post article where this pic was taken from.

Have an awesome weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment