Who is this lady?

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The One Where Ish Gets Real

Not racist... just think this is funny.
Now that we got that out of the way... nice to see you. Welcome back! Tonight, I'm going to post about something I debated writing about, but I think a lot of you can relate (not calling you all fat... settle down... PS you don't even know what I'm talking about yet) so let's discuss! The topic? Weight loss, OF COURSE.



Apparently eating a sausage off a fork is "hot in weight loss" according to Google Images. Well. I kind of hate sausages and eating one off a fork is just silly so that's not the direction this post is going in. However, here's a pop quiz for you.

What do Sara Rue, Mariah Carey and I all have in common? (Circle one)

A) We all look good in plaid
B) We all got married in Malibu
C) We are all doing/have done Jenny Craig

C is the correct answer! Now... I might know what you're thinking. Jenny Craig? Like... really? Jenny Craig?

I know, guys. I KNOW.

Well... yeah. For the record, the food is pretty tasty. Mostly. And it's one of the only weight loss programs I've successfully lost weight with, so that's cool. In fact, it's the only thing I've tried in recent years where I've successfully lost weight. So I am hopeful that this time around, I will be successful again. 

In my weight loss journey, which I've basically been on since birth, I've been chubby, overweight, normal weight, REALLY overweight, then towards normal, then back to overweight. I've learned a LOT along the way, such as it helps me to write down and post concrete goals to look at and I can exercise as much as I damn well please, but if I keep eating the way that's "natural" to me, I won't lose an ounce.

This is so true.
I really don't want this to turn into a weight loss/running/exercise/food journal blog. But I do think people should know what's up in my life. And this is kind of a big thing. I mean, I eat like 5 times a day. And not necessarily small meals, like they recommend...

Just a typical lunch... I'm ON the Michael PHELPS diet!
But in all seriousness, I hope the next time I post a pic of myself on here, I weigh less. That's my vague, amorphous goal for now. And if any of you are on a weight loss journey, just know there's one more person out there who knows what you're going through. And choosing veggies over cake gets moderately easier, but some days it's still a struggle.

In other news, I went to the movies the other night (Silver Linings Playbook - holla at me J. Law and B. Coop! You two rocked!) and as I was walking from my car to the theater, I hear this kid hollering and crying and snotting and I get closer to the car he's standing next to with his parents (maybe??? I couldn't tell if this was a Teen Mom situation or if he was the girl's brother or what was happening) and I hear the "man" tell the kid "Dude! It's okay you threw up! You just ate too much candy!" Okay, so this is where I started questioning if these were his parents because anybody I know with children wouldn't have let the kid eat so much candy he puked it in the Ontario Mills parking lot. And then I side-eyed them and continued on my merry way. Needless to say, I did NOT want candy after hearing that. So at least that happened.

PS - don't worry. I'll never be super skinny. Even at the thinnest I've ever been in high school I was still a size 14/16. And that's fine. Because...



No comments:

Post a Comment