Who is this lady?

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The One Where We Talk About Twitter

Let's talk about some hilarious things I spotted on my Twitter feed yesterday. Twitter is my social media platform of choice when I'm taking my mid-afternoon mental break at work since you get the facts so quickly. No time a-wastin' on this site.

Before I joined Twitter, I just didn't get it. Which is how I currently feel about Tumblr and Google +. I just don't get them. Now, I realize if I were to sit down and think about it for about 10 seconds I would probably understand, but the point is I currently don't so if you don't understand Twitter, I feel ya.

Anyway, whilst perusing the headlines this afternoon, I came across this Huffington Post LA tweet:







So I click on the link...  Because obviously, this is a story of interest. And THIS is what the con man looks like.


"Hey man! My teeth are the same color as my eyebrows!"


Like... What? How did Translucent Eyebrows McGee manage to talk women into giving him over $300,000?!! I mean look at him! He does not look trustworthy! HE WEARS A PINKY RING. I trust no man with a pinky ring. I don't care what kind of damn family crest you are sporting on there. Just... No. No, no, no. 

So then I decide to check out what's "trending" on Twitter. Twitter trends are phrases or people or topics that get popular because lots of people are tweeting about them. There's always at least one full of high schoolers' responses. Or at least responses that look like they were written by high schoolers... Last night's trend was "It'sCrazyHow" (because on Twitter, spaces between words are optional). So I look and see what people are finding crazy these days.

First up, this:

Which is funny and true. And makes me think of Undateable... which is also funny and true. See more of that nonsense here

Then I stumbled across this:



That is also true. But it's a little more strange because, like... THAT'S what you pick to tweet about? THAT'S what you find crazy enough to mention? Okay. Little did I know what I was in for next.

I'm not even sure what this one means. Like people got used to writing 2013 quickly? People got used to it not being 2012 anymore? I NEED CLARITY.

Then...


I think this individual needs to look up the definition of crazy. Because I don't know about you, but this does not seem applicable. 

I felt like this was my sign to finish my frozen yogurt and head to Pilates. And yes, I frequently fuel up with something desserty before hitting the gym... don't YOU? I mean, I need fuel to workout! 

Also, if you're interested in reading all the things I re-tweet, follow me @nhankel. My tweets are protected because I don't let just any hooker read my 140-character thoughts. 

In other news, my mom and my sister and her fiance are visiting me this Saturday. Except a full recap, especially since Laura's bringing her dog, Mr. Paws. Obvi, I'll have a photo shoot with him. Oh yeah, and I guess I'll take a couple pictures with the humans, too. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment