Who is this lady?

Sunday, April 14, 2013

The One Where I Make You Hungry

It is HIGH TIME for some new Weekly Obsessions, doncha think? Without further ado... (PS there's a lot of food in here, so if you're hungry... get a snack first!) (PPS do I EVEN need to say I found all the recipes on Pinterest?)

Weekly Obsessions! Whoo!

1) This cucumber salad. HOLY MOLY. I made it for lunch on Friday and literally ate the whole bowl standing up at my kitchen counter because I couldn't handle wasting time walking to the table to sit down and eat it. I am not even ashamed. I swapped the sour cream for plain Greek yogurt and added more vinegar than it called for, but obviously those changes worked for me.





I left the avocado out since I didn't feel like killing myself and the nuts out because I'm currently poor and nuts are expensive, but THE DRESSING MY GOD THE DRESSING. This was another one I couldn't stop eating while standing up at the counter. (Do I have a problem? I'm starting to make myself sound like a farm animal...) I didn't eat kale until recently, but it's got such a satisfying crunch. Mama like. 



Guys... I ate [insert the largest number I can eat without you judging me here] in one sitting. And then I looked around and I dusted the crushed Nilla Wafter remains off my fingers, put on my running gear, and headed out to try to counteract that whole experience. Needless to say, they will be made again. And again. And again. I will be bringing them to every single summer party I'm invited to. DELICIOUS.

4) The following quote. I had to read it 3 times the first time I read it. (Not because it has big words in it, but rather to let it sink in.)

"Cut to the chase, don't waste time doing stuff that seems 
to be essential to your life and business, just because other people do it. 
Why make nachos if what you really want to do is 
pick the browned shreds of baked cheddar
 off the cookie sheet? Just cook the cheese and be done with it."


Whoa. WHAT. I LOVE THAT. It's from Karen Karbo's book The Gospel According to Coco Chanel. I found it in a blog entry from one of my favorite bloggers, Nicole, from A Life Less Bullshit. I'm trying to just bake the cheese, now. 

5) I also cannot stop thinking about this quote:


I need to embrace this more. I don't know many women who are okay with being sucky at something the first time they try it. We all are like "I NEED TO BE AMAZING FROM THE GET GO" and that's how we get into trouble. I'm granting universal permission to everyone to just be okay with being a beginner. 


6) My Origami Owl locket. My friend Francesca sells Origami Owl and we made this one that's Kappa-themed. (Okay, fine, technically she made one first and then I just copied it.) I AM OBSESSED. (Hence why it is under the Weekly Obsessions section, Nan...) Check out more of their stuff here: Origami Owl


All in all, an obsess-y week. Excited to start another one tomorrow because that means we're 1 week closer to summer! Come onnnnn summer! Also, keep your eyes peeled for a weight loss update this week. It's a good one :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment