Who is this lady?

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The One Where You Learn My Secret Shame

So I've been experiencing some post-Boston-Marathon-bombing, Tax-Day, general-quarter-life-crisis blues this week so I figured I would compile a list of all the things I go to that make me feel better when I'm down in the dumps like this. And who knows... if you're feeling icky too, maybe they will help. 

First, if I need to hear something to feel better, old school Mariah Carey is my go-to. Especially her performance of If It's Over from SNL from, like, 1992.



If I need to taste something to feel better, THIS, straight out of the carton. No bowl necessary, just a spoon. Or a fork if you're desperate:



If I need to touch something to feel better, a fluffy dog does the trick. The fluffier, the better:
Come to mama.
If I need to smell something to feel better, I honestly think there's nothing better than fresh laundry.



And finally... I'm going to let you in on my secret, secret shame. Which is obviously no longer going to be a secret. But I just have to share... When I need to watch something to feel better (usually, when I need a good cry to feel better) I ... can't believe I'm admitting this in public... I get on YouTube and I watch videos of people surprising their families with the news that they are pregnant. I know. So weird. These people are all strangers. I have no vested interest in their procreation. I don't even really like babies. But there's something about watching a grandma- or grandpa-to-be squeal with excitement and you feel the joy vicariously. It's amazing. It reminds me of the power of human emotion. 

I know. I have a problem.

But just watch this and TELL ME it didn't at least make you smile. So many feelings.



I promise I'll be in a better mood when I post next. And if I'm not... well... we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment